Aerial Bunched cable (AB) is a very Nobel concept for overhead power distribution when compared to the conventional bare conductor in overhead distribution system. AB Cable provides higher safety and reliability. These cables are directly strung on distribution polls by means of hardware. This system is ideal for rural distribution and especially attractive for installation in difficult terrains such as hilly, forest & coastal areas etc. In moister climates, tree growth is a significant problem for overhead power lines. Aerial bundled cables will not arc over if touched by tree branches.
The phase conductor can be of single phase or three phase. A lighting conductor can be also incorporated for street lighting. A messenger conductor supports the weight of cable and keeps the assembly strung under tension. Phase conductors are made of concentrically stranded Aluminium Wires having 7 or 19 wires. Messenger conductors are made of a specially treated Silica. Magnesium and Aluminium Alloy having 7 or 19 wires. Phase and lighting conductors may be insulated with XLPE compound of Sioplas Technology. Messenger conductors are kept either bare or insulated. Phase and lighting conductors are sometimes twisted around the messenger conductor. In special cases a neutral conductor may also be provided separately. Generally, the messenger acts as earth and neutral.
1 Core Bare & Insulated Messenger Wire up to 150 Sq. mm.
2 Core Bare & Insulated Messenger Wire up to 150 Sq. mm
3 Core Bare & Insulated Messenger Wire up to 150 Sq. mm.
4 Core Bare & Insulated Messenger Wire up to 150 Sq. mm
In comparison with bare overhead distribution line AB Cable has very high reliability in maintaining power services because power and neutral conductors are insulated with the best dielectric, resulting in the following advantages:
• Easier installation particularly in congested, forest or Hills areas.
• High insulation resistance to earth in all seasons. Negligible leakage currents and low losses.
• High capacitance and low inductance leading to low impendence of lines.
• Lower voltage drop, higher current carrying capacities vis-à-vis better voltage regulation.
• AB Cables are much safer than bare conductor.
• Maintenance is very convenient.
• Better adaptability to laid besides with existing overhead bare conductor system without any interference.